Beneath its sleek, contemporary design, Xtreme is powered by an innovative system architecture that provides the ultimate combination of sensitivity, speed and flexibility to meet the most demanding challenges and broadest range of applications for molecular imaging.
One of the most compelling features of this new system architecture is the ability to precisely match camera choice with research needs, performance criteria and budget. Xtreme currently comes in two camera configurations. The front-illuminated 16MP camera is ideally suited for applications that demand high resolution, while the back-illuminated 4MP camera excels at very low light imaging experiments. With this uniquely flexible design, researchers will have the ability to upgrade their camera as new technology evolves and research requirements change – all within the same footprint.
- An f/1.1 lens coupled with a CCD sensor (the largest in its class) provides extreme sensitivity and speed for fluorescence, luminescence, and radioisotopic imaging.
- An industry leading ultra-thin, highly uniform radiographic phosphor screen coupled with a true micro focus X-ray head delivers X-ray images of exceptional quality and high resolution.
- New Multiplex software with advanced quantitative tools makes it easy to overlay and simultaneously analyze data from up to 4 individual images.
- A 20 x 20 cm FOV and patented wide angle emission filters allows high throughput imaging of up to five mice at a time with no imaging artifacts.
- A powerful 400W Xenon illumination source allows for enhanced speed and sensitivity across all wavelengths from the visible and NIR spectrum.